Dera Bugti operation: 30 Baloch rebel militants killed
Quetta, June 5 (Online): Security forces killed 30 militants and destroyed eight Farari camps in an operation in Dera Bugti district of restive province of Balochistan on Thursday, said provincial home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti.
Bugti has said that forces launched a search operation in Dera Bugti district. “At least 30 miscreants were killed and 10 security personnel sustained injuries during the operation.
The injured personnel are being shifted to nearby hospital,” Sarfaraz Bugti said.
The minister said that two hostages who had been kidnapped by militants were released during operation while huge cache of arms and explosive recovered.
He said that slain miscreants were involved in attacks and terrorist activities in the province.
The home minister said that killed militants all belonged to foreign-funded defunct organisations and were responsible for various terror attacks in the province.
“The government of Balochistan has a very clear policy that whoever challenges the writ of the government, kills innocent people or attacks security forces, the provincial government would take strict action against them,” he said, adding that today’s operation was the part of our policy.
He further said details of the operation and names of militants would be presented before the media later.